HAMMER and NFS Gotchas

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 21:35:04 PST 2014

Are there any gotchas when it comes to HAMMER file systems support for
NFS export besides the one described in man hammer(5)? How does
DragonFly implementation of NFSv3 differ from FreeBSD implementation?
Is it possible to create some kind of NFS fail-over, load-balanced or
clustering using HAMMER mirror-copy/mirror-stream?

Is there any interest/benefit for NFSv4 on DragonFly? I have to confess
that I personally came to like NFSv3 better than NFSv4 after about 2
years of experience with NFSv4 on Red Hat and FreeBSD in production.

Cheers,
Predrag