Which Firewall?

Jeremy dyre17 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 07:21:01 PST 2014

Hi all,

the Dragonfly handbook states pf is the recommended firewall, yet goes on
to say that the included pf is the older pf & that ipfw has features not
yet available in pf.  Then it goes on to give very detailed instructions
for ipfw & points pf users to (seemingly) broken link as a manual.

I find this misleading & confusing, as it suggests that ipfw may be a more
sensible way to go, despite stating that pf is "recommended".

Could someone kindly rectify my understand here?

Thank you.

-Jeremy