Xorg Problems upgrading to 4.0

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Thu Dec 11 00:53:54 PST 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 08:08:23PM -0800, kyuupichan wrote:
> Option "NoAccel" in xorg.conf seems to have fixed it as I've now been using X for 20 mins.  2D is noticeably faster than prior kernels; I assume that's a DRI / KMS advantage.

With DragonFly 4.0, radeon KMS support is now enabled by default. The kernel
driver is similar to the Linux 3.8 version.

The old userland 2D Xorg driver is still available under the name of
xf86-video-ati-ums if somehow using KMS is more trouble than it's worth
with a particular graphic chip.

--
Francois Tigeot