DF enterprise deployments

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 22:01:16 PST 2014

I am reading http://www.dragonflybsd.org/hammerscript/ and I see that
according to semi-official documentation DF and HAMMER in particular are
somewhat suitable for large enterprise deployments. This is a half
question half my wish list based upon my limited experience in deploying
DragonFly in low-end datacenter.

Is there anybody who is looking at the sensoring framework on DF at the
moment? In particular I am interested in something along the lines of
OpenBSD stellar native sensorsd daemon. FreeBSD which shares the same
heritage has some semi-finished native sensoring framework but IPMI
seems to work rather well (at least for such a buggy peace of software)
comparing to my less than optimal experience on DF.

What is the current status of native bsnmp daemon on DF? I tried using
net-snmp from DPorts and it worked but with lots of rough edges. Any
pointers to HAMMER specific MIBs either for native bsdmp or net-snmp.

Finally I am really curious if anybody is using Jails on DF and how does
Jail infrastructure compares to the current FreeBSD implementation. Is
it possible to create a tool like Warden or cbsd for Jails on DF?

Thanks,
Predrag