Which Firewall?

Jeremy dyre17 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 18:42:42 PST 2014

This last point makes a lot of sense.

What I want to do is learn.

I have two 'handycaps' right now, as far as I am concerned:  Networking &
programming.

I want to learn networking & network security. I want to understand how
people attack systems so that I can mitigate these attacks as much as
possible.

When I read unix man pages, they seem to assume I understand everything
they talk about. Sure I can follow examples, but I want to know why these
examples work, and what they are doing.

I simply wish to learn more.

Not sure if that exactly applies, but it is my motive for asking.  If I am
to learn about firewalling, where o I start?

-Jeremy