Which Firewall?

Jeremy dyre17 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 09:02:12 PST 2014

to your point "Sorry I dont get the point of why you got confused."
I am confused because the handbook states pf is preferred. Yet the rest of
the handbook presents ipfw as if it were preferable. The mailing list
archives seem to suggest there are more people who feel ipfw is a very good
choice.  Even you seem to feel ipfw is preferable.  So is pf really
preferable?  Because it seem ipfw is.

Sorry to sound like I am ignorant, but I really am. I am trying to break
away from Linux & learn the bsd's.  I have found dragonfly bsd to be a very
interesting project because to its focus on security + the hammer fs.  But
trying to shift my thinking has been difficult because there is a lot I do
not understand.