kdm in a loop

Ludo Beckers lazylew at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 09:20:54 PDT 2014

<Are you editing /etc/rc.conf?

I would like to but can't in fail safe mode, right?
I just don't see how I can login otherwise.

<... activate them manually, e.g. /usr/local/etc/rc.d/dbus enable

same problem there.

<... read the FreeBSD handbook for desktop environments
instructions: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/x11-wm.html

I used this as a guide: https://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/newhandbook/X/

Stuff like this: "KDE 4 requires that
procfs(5)<http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=procfs&sektion=5>be
mounted" makes me regret I installed KDE also, since I get the feeling
one has to be half an expert before anything can be achieved - even a basic
install.

I should've tried xfce first - all this is really discouraging.
Sorry about the negativity but it has literally given me a headache - a
rare thing for me.

Ludo
www.potingue.be