Finding the space used by a PFS including snapshots

Zachary Crownover zachary.crownover at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 21:10:28 PDT 2014

Assuming you have a standard setup,
/var/hammer/$mountpoint/snap-YYYYMMDD-#### is the location of the
snapshots. I don't know what the last four numbers are or mean for sure,
but I assume it's HHMM. Either way, take whatever mount point, look for the
snapshots in that directory, and du -sh it, that will provide you your
answer. I don't know of a shorter way, but I suppose you could script
something that iterates through directories in /var/hammer and then for a
specific snapshot date and the takes a cumulative value of du from those
items.

--
Sincerely,

Zachary Crownover