LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2208

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 11:03:05 PDT 2014

Hi Francois and Sascha,

Thank you so much for your kind answers. This is the missing info from
yesterday.

[root at lera proc]# lspci -nn|grep RAID
09:00.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID
SAS 2208 [Thunderbolt] [1000:005b] (rev 03)

So PCI ID is 1000:005b if I am not mistaken.

Actual RAID card as pointed by Francois is LSI MegaRAID SAS 9266-4i

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2345978&SRCCODE=WEBGOOKWL&cm_mmc_o=mH4CjC7BBTkwCjCs81CjCE&gclid=CPnmjt_pv70CFWdk7AodvgoAaw

Yesterday when I refer to Mega Raid Storage Manager CLI I should have
mentioned that I got the idea that thing might actually work on
DragonFly from here.

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/sysutils/megarc/

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/sysutils/megacli/

I am not sure if the above ports just fetch binaries. May be John
Marino can confirm? In case it looks like mfiutil has most of
functionality I one needs to run this in production.

I will try live CD maybe next week. As pointed out in my first e-mail
the server is located in a remote facility 50 miles away from my
office.

Predrag

P.S. I saw the discussion about LDAP over the weekend and I like what
I hear. It would be awesome if DragonFly can do LDAP.  Btw LDAP is
broken for me on FreeNAS 9.2.1.3 due to inability to utilize TLS.