unreadable pflog file: solved: patch

karu.pruun karu.pruun at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 22:57:35 PDT 2014

Hello

Recently I complained that the /var/log/pflog file in DFly 3.6 is
unreadable by tcpdump. I might have found the cause; apologies: I'm not a
developer and not even versed in C so more knowledgeable people might be
able to comment and improve on this. Anyhow, I compared the code of pflogd
of OpenBSD, FreeBSD and DragonFly, and tracked the issue to how DragonFly
writes to the pflog logfile. The patch for DragonFly_RELEASE_3_6 is
included and seems to work so far: tcpdump is now able to output from
/var/log/pflog.

Cheers,

Peeter