Can anyone help to shed the light on mysterious bug in SBCL (found it!)

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Apr 15 18:31:53 PDT 2014

    Ah ha!  I found it.  Testing with dynamically loading a library which
    depends on libpthread triggers the problem when libpthread is not
    built into the main program.

    For example, if I test with libusb.so.2 with a program compiled without
    -pthread, it triggers the problem.  If I test with libusb.so.2 with
    a program compiled with -pthread, it does not trigger the problem.

    So the issue here is that libpthread is not built into the main
    program and it needs to be, simple as that.  If the main program is
    compiled/linked with -pthread, the problem should go away.

    --

    In terms of making this work as-is with some sort of fix to rtld-elf...
    that's problematic.  A lot of these shared libraries are not designed

    For now I think the best solution is to adjust the port to compile/link
    SBCL with -pthread.