DragonFly now has IPV6 routed

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Sep 4 16:49:23 PDT 2013

:leaf.dragonflybsd.org has address 199.233.90.68
:leaf.dragonflybsd.org has IPv6 address 2001:470:1:43b:1::68
:
:ssh leaf.dragonflybsd.org gives an IPv6 connection.
:
:2001:470:... is Hurricane Electric. I know because I have a tunnel with
:Tunnelbroker. But leaf has the address on igb0, whereas zyxomma has it on
:gif0.
:
:My henet startup script is working, except for one oddity: I have to restart
:it after booting, probably because it's being run in the wrong order. I should
:post it.

    The DragonFly machins are multi-homed.  They have both IPV4 and IPV6
    internet-routable addresses.  So gif isn't really needed.

    I expect various people will begin to bang the IPV6 stack into better
    shape in coming months now that we have actual IPV6 connectivity to test
    with.  Right now I'm just putting out the obvious fires to stabilize
    the systems.

:If you mean to keep the IPv6 addresses consistent with the IPv4 ones,
:shouldn't it end in 44 (68 in hex)?
:
:Pierre
:--
:loi mintu se ckaji danlu cu jmaji

    The address space is so big I'm going to waste some space to make
    it more readable.

					<dillon at backplane.com>