Opinions on SMF

Dmitrij D. Czarkoff czarkoff at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 08:43:33 PDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 07:24:45AM +1000, Petr Janda wrote:
> I also think it's silly the best argument people can come up against SMF
> is "It's made by Sun." or "It uses XML, which is bad because I don't
> understand it".

Apparently, the main reason against SMF itself was that it doesn't provide
much over any other init system. In fact I can't imagine any task I can
accomplish with SMF that I can't with the default OpenBSD install.

Thus, if SMF didn't come with XML, it would be merely useless tinkering; as
long as it forces XML, it is worse.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff