NFSv4 and RAID 6 questions

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri Sep 13 18:09:39 PDT 2013

NFSv4 is not supported.  I think LVM on DragonFly only does RAID 0?  I
haven't done it, so I'm not sure... but I'd recommend hardware RAID in any
case.  Areca or LSI devices are well supported.

Crypto - DragonFly has tcplay, which is a fully-compatible implementation
of TrueCrypt:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/kernel/2011-07/msg00028.html

The above link is to a message from when DragonFly first got the features,
but it's been in for a while now.  Man pages will get you started:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=lvm&section=ANY

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=cryptsetup&section=ANY

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=tcplay&section=ANY