Opinions on SMF

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Tue Sep 10 01:53:00 PDT 2013

> See above -- it sacrifices everything important to me in conserve
> something that is not.

Absolutely, the entire field of Linux's and Unix's is slowly moving
towards something smarter than shell scripts.

In my opinion, DragonFly should keep on striding to be ahead of other
BSDs in it's own (some might say "niche") fields of interest.

It's what attracted me and others to it - the willingness to do things
different than other BSDs.

Majority of Linux users were initially opposed to systemd, but many have
since started to appreciate it.

--
Please use PGP to encrypt your email to ensure our privacy is respected.