USB boot problems

Jasse Jansson jasse at yberwaffe.com
Tue Sep 17 07:46:33 PDT 2013

Hi.

I have tried to install the latest stable (3.4.?) on a computer using an external USB DVD writer.
I'm not very successful.
It only booted once, and the rest of my retried resulted in a windows boot screen (that what's on the disk already.

I have the latest BIOS already.
This puny little home server is mounted in an old 19" case so there is no room for an internal drive, and I rather save the 6 sata ports for hd's.

Well, it's the first time I try to install anything using this motherboard but I want to know if there's known problems installing from external media.