Is anyone still using /usr/bin/lpr ?

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.com
Wed Oct 30 21:54:25 PDT 2013

On 10/29/13 14:07, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 02:23:15AM -0500, Chris Turner wrote:
>> Have a 'modern printer', (deliberately) use lpr+=apsfilter.
>> Works fine- better even.
> How can you change print options with it ? I have to change the output
> tray or force black-and white usage on a job-by-job basis

Hmm - well, I'm not using these options, so not sure -
I think you setup a different printer class/queue with
the settings, and print from there - probably more
fiddling with to setup, but tends to 'just work' afterwords
... like most other good unix software.

http://www.apsfilter.org/docs/apsfilter-handbook-stable.html