DF as KVM Guest & Clock Skew - any experiences?

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 20:02:44 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Chris Turner <c.turner at 199technologies.com
> wrote:

> Hello -
>
> Trying to run a 64bit DF guest on F18, am getting
> some odd clock jitter both with and without dntpd
> running from the guest, and needless to say, 'make'
> doesn't like this.

What's the output of
sysctl kern.cputimer

There are several cputimers.  You could disable them through tunables
(/boot/loader.conf):
hw.tsc_cputimer_enable="0" (disable TSC cputimer, enabled by default)
debug.acpi.disabled="hpet timer" (disable HPET and ACPI cputimer, enabled
by default)

If they are all enabled (default) and are all functional, their priority
relationship is TSC > HPET > ACPI

If they are all disabled, the only one left is i8254.

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Tomorrow Will Never Die