"mini roadmap" for userland for 3.7-dev branch

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Thu Nov 21 12:08:31 PST 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 2:07 PM, John Marino <dragonflybsd at marino.st> wrote:

> I would not classify much of this work as maintenance.
>
> The semaphores is pthreads work -- nobody has touched threads in years
> from what I can see.  Not trivial.

"Maintenance" does not mean easy.  "Maintenance" means we're not
introducing anything new.  This list is all, or nearly all, things already
present in FreeBSD.

I'd like to have projects in DragonFly that are unique to DragonFly.  We
have a more flexible group of developers and a more straightforward code
base to deal with; this has already paid off for SMP development and Matt's
Hammer work.  We've got the space to accommodate new work.