"mini roadmap" for userland for 3.7-dev branch

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Thu Nov 21 11:07:25 PST 2013

On 11/21/2013 20:00, Justin Sherrill wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM, John Marino <dragonflybsd at marino.st
> <mailto:dragonflybsd at marino.st>> wrote:
>

> This is a good list to have.  It's all maintenance material, though.
>  Updates from other BSDs.  That's valuable, because it saves us a lot of
> labor, but doesn't anybody have some crazy ideas?

I would not classify much of this work as maintenance.

The semaphores is pthreads work -- nobody has touched threads in years
from what I can see.  Not trivial.

Bringing in llvm/clang/libc++ is definitely not trivial.  It a huge,
complex task.

the new USB has never reached production so that's not maintenance either.

OSS/ALSA - When was the last time somebody in dragonfly touched audio?

Sure there's room for "crazy" but this list is plenty challenging.