Installed latest version 3.4, no mouse, firefox 19.0.2 not compiling, any advice or suggestions?

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Wed May 8 05:53:17 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 07:16:31AM -0500, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> I am new to DragonFlyBSD, but with some experience in FreeBSD.  I read
> the handbook about using pkgsrc which is somehow related to the ports
> tree.  I did a git pull and pulled the ports tree and installed
> successfully xfce via bmake install clean, but when I run startx,
> mouse does not move, it is a usb mouse.

What does pkg_info | grep xf86-input say ?
Can you also report what's in your /var/log/Xorg.0.log file ?

> # cd /usr/pkgsrc/www/firefox
> # bmake install clean
> and I get errors.

Hard to say what's wrong without seeing these errors.

> I am unfamiliar with pkgsrc as to update the tree, in FreeBSD, we use
> portsnap fetch * to update the tree, but here I am kind of lost.  I
> know that there exits dport but I prefer the ports tree structure so I
> want to use pkgsrc but if there is an idiot proof way to install
> firefox then I am all ears.

You could try using dports and/or pkgng packages if you prefer:
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/howtos/HowToDPorts/

The idiot-proof way is currently "pkg install firefox-20.0,1"

	Cheers,

--
Francois Tigeot