Fwd: Resize HAMMER filesystem

Francis GUDIN fgudin at sdf-eu.org
Fri May 3 01:23:16 PDT 2013

Le 02-05-2013, Charles Rapenne <charles.rapenne at gmail.com> a écrit :
> Let imagine you have dragonfly installed on a 250 Gb disk, and you
> want to move it to a 500 Gb disk without reinstalling, how could you
> dump your existing disk and grow the HAMMER partition ?
>
> I need this to install the system from a virtual machine to a remote
> host, using DD (Already did it for OpenBSD and NetBSD and I would like
> to do it with DragonFly so at least, we could install DragonFly on
> dedicated servers).

Hi,

I think that another way could be useful to you: I installed my own server
through QEMU (neither remote console nor user-provided boot media available on
this cheap server).
The notes were thrown there: http://fgudin.sdf-eu.org/QEMU_Install

I'm still trying to think of a better way, now we've got an initrd mecanism,
but it's still food for thought to me.

Regards,
fgudin at sdf-eu.org
SDF-EU Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf-eu.org