packages for 3.5 were built for 3.3 (and tahoe is up)

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue May 28 05:44:13 PDT 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 2:24 AM, Pierre Abbat <phma at bezitopo.org> wrote:
> I ran "pkg_info -BF /usr/pkg/qt4/lib/libQtNetwork.so.4" and found that the
> package was built on 3.3. I then force-replaced the package and it didn't
> download anything, just replaced it with the same package, still built on 3.3.
> To make this work, I'll have to rebuild it from pkgsrc, which I think takes
> two days. It was either that or kdelibs.

It was built on 3.3, but not just for 3.3.  It should generally work.
Because pkgsrc builds take so long, the build starts before the new
release is tagged - but this was effectively 3.4, and there's no ABI
changes between 3.4 and 3.5.  Pkgsrc complains about _any_ difference
in version number between the build system and the target destination.