X not working after upgrade to 3.4

Ivan Uemlianin ivan at llaisdy.com
Sun May 12 06:44:23 PDT 2013

Dear Justin

Here's a gist with the Xorg.0.log from the crash, and the x.conf.new I
was using.

This is with a clean install of DragonFly 3.4, and modular-xorg
installed from source (details in the gist).

     https://gist.github.com/llaisdy/5563593

n.b.: X worked perfectly well with DragonFly 3.2, so there's something
with 3.4's X that doesn't like the laptop.

With thanks and best wishes

Ivan

On 10/05/2013 17:48, Justin Sherrill wrote:
> On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 6:13 AM, Ivan Uemlianin <ivan at llaisdy.com> wrote:
>> Failed to load DMI info, X60 TV quirk not applied
>
> I think that error message is just the driver saying "you don't have
> one of the X60 units with a TV card", not the actual error that's
> causing you to fail.  Can you paste in the entire error log somewhere?
>
> It sounds like you already updated all the packages; you shouldn't
> need to remove everything and reinstall.
>
> Just to be sure, check that you are on the 2013Q1 branch in
> /usr/pkgsrc - (cd /usr/pkgsrc; git branch)

Ivan A. Uemlianin PhD
Llaisdy

                     ivan at llaisdy.com
                      www.llaisdy.com