PostGreSQL with dports build failure.

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Mon May 20 07:30:33 PDT 2013

On 5/20/2013 16:25, Loïc BLOT wrote:
> Hello John
> it's a fresh DragonFly 3.4.1 install, and i have purged /usr/pkg as you
> expect.
>
> I build from source because i prefer custom compile
> options/optimizations, like i do in all my FreeBSD systems :)
>
> postgresql91-client doesn't get gettext dependancy when we built it with
> NLS support i can confirm it, i have done a second fresh install.

What doesn't make sense from your statement is that the NLS option for
every package is turned on by default (as you may have said already).

see line 185:
https://github.com/jrmarino/DPorts/blob/master/databases/postgresql91-server/Makefile

Gettext dependency is there.
pgsql client uses the pgsql server makefile to build.

I build pgsql often in a clean environment (poudriere), all the versions
build fine.  I'm not sure what your issue is, but the makefile is okay
wrt gettext.

John