X not working after upgrade to 3.4

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Thu May 16 18:35:07 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Ivan Uemlianin <ivan at llaisdy.com> wrote:

> pkg_delete wouldn't let me :(, still required by modular-xorg-drivers-1.4

You could use the -f option to force the upgrade, but that can lead to
new problems...  This is a very strange breakage.  I worry that
there's something else going on and the cause is something other than
the 3.4 change - but I have nothing to correlate.

> If I were to reinstall version 3.2 (which had X working), could I
> investigate this problem while still being able to use the OS?  Could I run
> 3.2 and try to switch in the newer modular-xorg (and switch it out again if
> it doesn't work)?

You certainly could - you'd want to install DragonFly 3.2, then pull
down the 2013Q1 branch of pkgsrc.  You can do that by modifying
/usr/Makefile in the new install and then using the normal make
commands to retrieve pkgsrc.  Just look for everywhere in that file
where it says 2012Q3 or whatever it was and change it to 2013Q1.