buildworld (3.4) aborts during compile of libstdc++.so.9

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Wed May 1 05:44:39 PDT 2013

On 5/1/2013 14:39, Ralf Folkerts wrote:
> Am 01.05.2013 14:28, schrieb John Marino:
>
> Hi John,
>
> had this is the first post (well, WANTED to put it in might be more
> correct I think) ;)
>
> # cat /etc/make.conf
> CPUTYPE?=athlon64
> CFLAGS= -O2 -pipe
>
> (I also tried with -O instead of -O2).

Hi Ralf,
I see two potential problems with that.
1) world (or at least kernel) is supposed to be build with -O.  This is
handled by sys.mk and you don't need to put it there yourself.
2) Don't define CPU type, it's nothing but trouble.

Why don't you comment both of those out and add "DEBUG_FLAGS= -g"
(because that's a good idea in general).

Then try building again ("make buildworld").

Regards,
John