Dports question

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Mon Jun 3 14:31:04 PDT 2013

On 6/3/2013 23:20, Tim Darby wrote:
> Apologies if this has already been covered but, if I don't see a binary
> at this point, does that mean it couldn't be built?  For example, I see
> a binary for libtorrent, but not rtorrent.  Is there a place to go to
> see a status report of the dports builds?

In general, this is true.

However, for the definitive answer of whether a port can be built, it's
presence in /usr/dports is the key.  If the port is there, it's
buildable at least on x86_64 (by definition).

We only have "negative" status reports publicly available -- lists of
ports that don't build and their build logs.

The "positive" report I guess would be the mirror itself, e.g.
http://mirror-master.dragonflybsd.org/dports/dragonfly:3.4:x86:64/RELEASE/
and search a category or "all" directory...

I hope that helps,
John