router doesn't work if rebooted while network is down

Pierre Abbat phma at bezitopo.org
Fri Jun 14 05:52:55 PDT 2013

Last night the power blinked for a second, which took the cable signal down. I
restarted the router. The cable signal is now up, and I have an external
address, but I can't ping out from my other boxes. I ran "pfctl -s rules" and
saw this wrong line:

block drop in inet from 192.168.100.10 to any

where 192.168.100.10 is the address that the cable modem gives when it has no
signal. Reloading the rules corrects the address, but I still can't ping out
from the router. I can't do "rcrun restart netif" because of bug 2425. I have
to reboot it; then everything works. How can I fix it?

Pierre
--
The Black Garden on the Mountain is not on the Black Mountain.