git.dragonflybsd.org machine need to be rebooted again?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Jun 12 15:06:02 PDT 2013

:Does the git.dragonflybsd.org machine (avalon) need to be rebooted
:again?  I'm not seeing updates to master src.
:
:My vague understanding is from the start, FreeBSD made symbol versions
:which are basically ABI versions completely independent in naming from
:release versions.  If the interface is changed multiple times within
:one symbol version, might that not require the entire userland to be
:rebuilt?

    Should be fixed now.  World was installed on it but it hadn't been
    rebooted so persistent services like cron were still using the older
    libraries and then trying to dynamically load PAM modules on fork,
    which created the issue.

					<dillon at backplane.com>