alt-ctrl-F1 doesn't work

Joachim de Groot jdegroot at web.de
Fri Jun 14 08:01:00 PDT 2013

Am Freitag, den 14.06.2013, 03:52 -0400 schrieb Pierre Abbat:
> On Tuesday, June 11, 2013 09:49:58 Max Herrgard wrote:
> > Does Alt-F1, Alt-F2 work to switch consoles in text mode?
>
> I shut down kdm and tried. I can switch consoles in text mode. I guess it's
> something in xorg.conf, but didn't find anything by looking at it.
>
> Pierre

Quoting xorg.conf man page:

Option "DontVTSwitch"  "boolean"
This disallows the use of the Ctrl+Alt+Fn sequence (where Fn refers to
one of the numbered function keys). That sequence is normally used to
switch to another "virtual terminal" on operating systems that have this
feature.  When this option is  enabled, that key sequence has no special
meaning and is passed to clients. Default: off.

This belongs into the ServerFlags section.