Hammer mirror-copy issue

Tim Darby t+dfbsd at timdarby.net
Thu Jul 18 18:17:52 PDT 2013

I just had a hammer mirror-copy operation complete, without errors, but
when I started comparing the two PFSes, I found files in the source that
were missing in the destination.  How could that happen?

Here's the details:

I had a drive that was mirror streaming its PFS 0 to another drive's PFS 1
for backup.  The filesystem on the primary became corrupt (lots of CRC
errors and I still don't know how that happened), so I:

- Verified that the files on the backup drive were good
- Stopped the mirror stream
- Successfully did a pfs-upgrade on the backup drive's PFS 1
- Formatted the primary drive and created a PFS 1 on it slaved to the
backup drive's PFS 1
- Started a mirror-copy from the backup drive's PFS 1 to the main drive's
PFS 1

​ny ideas on how the mirror-copy could have skipped some of the files?​

Tim