Update to bootstrap tool flex/lex [epilog]

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Thu Jan 17 01:19:47 PST 2013

On 1/17/2013 00:03, John Marino wrote:
> On 1/16/2013 23:05, John Marino wrote:
>> On 1/16/2013 20:12, John Marino wrote:
>>> I just updated a 17-year tool, flex, the master branch. It's a bootstrap
>>> tool. I think quickworld will still work, but I only tested the full
>>> buildworld. If you see any strange build errors involving lex, you
>>> probably want to do a full buildworld.
>
> I'm sorry, disregard the above.
> There's no problem, you can upgrade to HEAD from anywhere.
> It should work fine.

The place I was unable to build world after the flex update was a
poudriere jail.  I wasn't able to reproduce the problem on /usr/src.

However, if buildworld fails for you in the bootstrap stages (stage 1 or
maybe stage 2c) with M4 errors then this should fix the problem:

(assuming /usr/src is the latest)
 > cd /usr/src/usr.bin/m4
 > make
 > make install clean