HAMMER best practices?

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Wed Jan 9 13:20:12 PST 2013

Greetings all.

I'm wondering what the best practice is for setting up a network mass
storage box using HAMMER, assuming you can start from scratch and
completely control every aspect of the hardware?

Specifically (but general ideas are also welcome), I've used the 3ware
(is it LSI now?) hardware RAID controllers for some time, but is
hardware RAID necessary with HAMMER's ability to mirror? Would it be
better to just get a 4 port SATA controller and let HAMMER mirror the
important bits?

Thanks in advance! :D
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

Enjoyment is not a goal,
it is a feeling that accompanies important ongoing activity