Strange problem during 'make clean'

Matt Emmerton matt at gsicomp.on.ca
Sun Jan 20 12:59:59 PST 2013

I installed 3.2-RELEASE and then updated to master; to clean everything up I
did a 'make clean' in /usr/src, which failed in sys/boot.

Retrying from sys/boot with 'make clean' and 'make cleandepend' gave this:

madison# make clean

===> dloader

rm -f a.out stack_protector.o subs.o config.o cmds.o stack_protector.o.tmp
subs.o.tmp config.o.tmp cmds.o.tmp

rm -f libdloader.a

make: don't know how to make _SUBDIR_clean_pc32. Stop

make: stopped in /usr/src/sys/boot

madison# make cleandepend

===> dloader

rm -f .depend  GPATH GRTAGS GSYMS GTAGS

make: don't know how to make _SUBDIR_cleandepend_pc32. Stop

make: stopped in /usr/src/sys/boot

I've poked through the makefiles and bsd.subdir.mk and I can't really see
why this is happening.  Any ideas?

Regards,

--

Matt Emmerton