trouble switching to dports

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sun Dec 8 02:52:13 PST 2013

On Sun, Dec 01, 2013 at 10:58:18PM -0500, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> On Sunday, December 01, 2013 22:50:56 Justin Sherrill wrote:
> > You should also rename /var/db/pkg - both pkgsrc and dports use the same
> > name.
>
> Did that. Same error.
>
> > Did you try running 'pkg update' as it suggests?
>
> I did. It does this:
> # pkg update
> Updating repository catalogue
> Repository catalogue is up-to-date, no need to fetch fresh copy

For some reason, my copy of pkg-1.1 was unable to do anything since
packages were updated to pkg-1.2 versions

I had to reinstall pkg from dports first:
  cd /usr/dports/ports-mgmt
  make clean
  make deinstall
  make install

pkg-1.2 disables all repos by default; you'll have to move some files
in /usr/local/etc/pkg to enable one of them again

--
Francois Tigeot