trouble switching to dports was: iwn & Intel Centrino 6235

Lanir W. lanir at cisns.net
Mon Dec 2 07:40:53 PST 2013

I had a similar symptom recently where I couldn't install or update
packages. The resolution that worked for me was telling pkg to remove
itself then rebuilding from source in /usr/dports/ports-mgmt/pkg.

No idea if it was the same issue or not and you may be safer building it
before removing it but after a make install and I think a db move in /var I
was fetching updates file.

Get a second opinion, I'm new here and may not be on the right track.