trouble switching to dports

Marco Righele marco at righele.it
Mon Dec 9 01:20:19 PST 2013

On 2013-12-08 11:52, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> For some reason, my copy of pkg-1.1 was unable to do anything since
> packages were updated to pkg-1.2 versions

I had the same issue when upgrading from DragonFly 3.4 to 3.6.
The problem (in my case at least) didn't seem to be the version of pkg,
but
the fact the it was compiled with the old release, since I upgraded to
pkg-1.2 before upgrading the system.
Rebuilding from dports fixed my problem too.

The frustating part was that there was no indication of any error, it
just
wouldn't fetch the information.

Marco