dragonflybsd router

k simon chio1990 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 01:37:07 PDT 2013

Hi,list:

    I have some linux router/NAT box, each can serve 500-600Kpps traffic. Last week, I observed the ddos attack, it report ipt_netflow sendbuffer overlimit and cpu usage high. So I took a look at BSD family. I've tested freebsd a bit, it have trouble with polling and NIC‘s multi queues, and it have high context switch.
    I've searched some posts about dfly's ifpoll  and ifq etc. I really appreciate it. but I can't determine dfly BSD support multi RIB, ng_netflow,  smp friendly pf, flow  etc. And the BIRD route suite can support policy routing and worked fine on the dfly BSD?
    Maybe someone can figure out some solution to suit my requirements,thanks.

best regards
Simon