darner crashed, apparently during hammer

Pierre Abbat phma at bezitopo.org
Sun Apr 28 23:01:55 PDT 2013

On Monday, April 29, 2013 01:29:51 Pierre Abbat wrote:
> It was in the middle of compiling some TeX-related package and crashed. I
> found out when I tried to push a git repo to it. It has this error on the
> screen:
>
> HAMMER: debug: shifted cursor pointing at parent
> parent 800000021cda0000:28 onode 80000002366.5000:0 nnode
> 8000000236892000:14 Warning: busy page 0xc2641c78 found in cache
>
> I'm going to reboot it, but if I get a kernel dump out of it, it will be at
> least 15 hours before I can copy it to leaf. I did turn the disk scheduler
> off, and it survived a few nights of running periodic.

Hardware error. I booted it and it failed somehow. I rebooted the old kernel
and got a panic, then dumped the core, but it's the old kernel. I rebooted a
third time and it failed to see the second drive. I turned it off, reseated
connectors, rebooted, and now get a stream of "missing inode" errors
alternating with something else I can't read.

How do I get out of this?

Finally it gave "page fault while in kernel mode". The error it was scrolling
is frozen now. It says:

HAMMER: WARNING: Missing inode for dirent "7A7394EE65276"
	obj_id = 0000000b4ee65276, asof=ffffffffffffffff, lo=00010000

I tried to dump and it said:

Dumping 323 MB:spin_lock: 0xc341f3d8, indefinite wait (1 secs)!

I'm going to try to reboot to single-user mode.

Pierre
--
I believe in Yellow when I'm in Sweden and in Black when I'm in Wales.