BXR.SU, Super User's BSD Cross Reference w/ OpenGrok, publicly private beta

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Thu Apr 4 05:11:19 PDT 2013

On 4/1/2013 10:41, Constantine Aleksandrovich Murenin wrote:

> As an IPv6-only site, we hereby declare that 2013-04-04 is an IPv4 day.
>
> On April 4, we will temporarily enable IPv4 connectivity, for one day,
> to test the water. (We've heard that IPv4 has some connectivity issues
> related to NAT, double-NAT, carrier-grade NAT and NAT64, and some small
> percentage of users (but significant in absolute terms) might not be
> able to access the site if an A record is published, due to the
> plentiful of misconfigurations out there; so, we want to take things
> slow, and ensure our users don't suffer from any inferior connectivity.)

Thanks for putting this together, Constantine.  This looks really nice!
The DNS has not resolved for me yet, so for others, put "88.198.54.22
bxr.su" in your /etc/hosts file if you have the same problem.  His web
server can't find the page if you put the IP address in directly to your
browser, it's looking for "bxr.su" I suppose.

John