Wanted: tutorial on dragonflybsd boot process

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri Apr 19 17:31:59 PDT 2013

The man pages for 'boot' and 'hier' may be useful to you.  There's
probably more man pages that may be useful; I don't know a good place
online where you can idly browse them, though.

Also, books like "The Design and Implementation of the 4.4 BSD
Operating System", which can be read here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/design-44bsd/

It won't apply completely to DragonFly at this point, but it's still
interesting.  There's a sequel/update to that focusing on FreeBSD.

If you want to buy physical books about BSDs, Michael W. Lucas
"Absolute" series focuses on specific BSDs - he has written "Absolute
FreeBSD" and "Absolute OpenBSD", the second edition of which has just
come out.

There's no printed material specifically for DragonFly, though there
is my site, which I update near-daily with BSD material, usually for
DragonFly:

http://dragonflydigest.com/