Errors on SSD

Sven Gaerner sgaerner at gmx.net
Thu Sep 27 09:28:04 PDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 11:55:12AM +0200, Sven Gaerner wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 08:23:03AM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
> > :Model Family:     SandForce Driven SSDs
> > :Device Model:     OCZ-VERTEX2
> > :Serial Number:    OCZ-CU25VMZ6117F3NFM
> >
> > :Firmware Version: 1.29
> > :User Capacity:    60,022,480,896 bytes
> >
> >     AHCI reports your SSD as:
> >
> >     ahci0.2: Found DISK "OCZ-VERTEX2 1.29" serial="OCZ-CU25VMZ6117F3NFM"
> >
> >     So, version 1.29 firmware. I went to OCZ's site and the current
> >     firmware release is 1.37.
> >
> >     http://www.ocztechnology.com/ssd_tools/OCZ_Vertex_2,_Vertex_LE,_Agility_2/

I did an upgrade of the firmware of the SSD. It was very easy, download
the ZIP containing an ISO image with a Linux live system. Then configure
the network and run the update process. After that upgrade the SSD now
uses the firmware version 1.37, but unfortunately the errors still occur.

So I guess there is another problem, either with the SSD or the error
reporting. When I started using the SSD I did not see these errors. I
think I will use an older DragonFly BSD live image to see if that system
now reports the same errors.

I'll let you know.

Sven