USB4BSD (work in progress) pushed

Sascha Wildner saw at
Thu Oct 11 02:44:25 PDT 2012

I've pushed Markus Pfeiffer's USB4BSD porting work to master. Thanks,

Some words about the state:

To build it instead of the old USB, one has to do two things:

* Put "WANT_USB4BSD=yes" into /etc/make.conf

* Replace

     device usb

     device "usb4bsd"

   in the kernel config. Or, to mess with just its modules, comment out
"device usb" in the config.

The make.conf setting is for the userland parts (libusbhid and some other
stuff) and the config change is for the kernel parts. By default, we
continue building our old USB stack, since the new one isn't yet there to
replace it (mainly because of missing drivers, but that will hopefully
change soon).

Note that the quotes around "usb4bsd" in the kernel config part are needed
right now, to cope with a yet unfixed weakness in our config(8) program.

We'll follow up with more info.