Phoronix benchmarks DF 3.2 vs Ubuntu - question

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.com
Tue Nov 27 06:09:57 PST 2012

On 11/18/12 09:47, Justin Sherrill wrote:
> The Phoronix benchmarking is useful, but the numbers often don't have
> a line drawn to connect them with reality.  I have no idea if this
> benchmark actually correlates with any usage scenario possible for
> DragonFly at this point.

 From what I could tell from a casual read, it looks like this range
of benchmarks was more compute related - so this particular test
would probably be more related to libc / compiler & math lib items
than any of the IO path / threading optimizations of late.

Unfortunately the 'test platform' details on page 1 don't list
anything about the ubuntu compiler, which makes it hard to
determine how much is compiler vs libc. Yes I could look this up..

A comparison of the actual generated code by someone well versed
in these things might be useful here.