Problems with Jail hanging

Antonio Huete Jimenez ahuete.devel at gmail.com
Fri May 4 01:59:52 PDT 2012

--20cf3005dc0eb68bd804bf32245c

Konrad,

If you have access to the system console, is it possible to escape to DDB?
(press Ctrl+Alt+Esc). If so, do a 'call dumpsys' so that you get a system
dump and that could be analyzed.

Regards,
Antonio Huete

2012/5/4 Konrad Neuwirth <konrad at fimsch.net>

> Hello everyone,
>
> we're facing a strange problem that I do not really know how to debug,
> either. We're running a system under
>
> DragonFly v3.1.0.159.g79580b-DEVELOPMENT (X86_64_GENERIC)
>
> and set up a jail for a web server on it =96 following the steps outlined=
 in
> the Handbook.
>
> Now, starting apache with a medium load and a good number of virtual site=
> there leads to a lockup =96 not just of the apache process or the jail, b=
ut
> the entire system. Only a hard reset helps.
>
> If that has any relevance, we're running apache 2.2 from pkgsrc, compiled
> with the following options:
>
> PKG_OPTIONS.apache+=3Dsuexec apache-mpm-prefork
>
> So then =96 how can I go about getting the jail setup to run?
>
> Thank you!
>  Konrad Neuwirth

--20cf3005dc0eb68bd804bf32245c

Konrad,<br><br>If you have access to the system console, is it possible to =
escape to DDB? (press Ctrl+Alt+Esc). If so, do a 'call dumpsys' so =
pan dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=3D"mailto:konrad at fimsch.net" target=3D"_blank">=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Hello everyone,<br>
we're facing a strange problem that I do not really know how to debug, =
either. We're running a system under<br>
DragonFly v3.1.0.159.g79580b-DEVELOPMENT (X86_64_GENERIC)<br>
and set up a jail for a web server on it =96 following the steps outlined i=
n the Handbook.<br>
Now, starting apache with a medium load and a good number of virtual sites =
there leads to a lockup =96 not just of the apache process or the jail, but=
 the entire system. Only a hard reset helps.<br>
If that has any relevance, we're running apache 2.2 from pkgsrc, compil=
ed with the following options:<br>
PKG_OPTIONS.apache+=3Dsuexec apache-mpm-prefork<br>
So then =96 how can I go about getting the jail setup to run?<br>
Thank you!<br>

--20cf3005dc0eb68bd804bf32245c--