pkgsrc2012Q1-firefox build fails

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Thu May 3 22:46:17 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:27 PM, Edward <martinezedward228 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded and untar pkgsrc2012Q1 into a DragonflyBSD 3.0.2 new install.
> when i tried to build firefox 11.0 from "www/firefox" it error stops with
> the following message:
>
>   pkg_add: A different version of cairo-1.10.2nb4 is already installed
>
> any tips how to fix this or i need to use pkgsrc2011Q1 instead?

Installing and upgrading are two different activities in pkgsrc.
There's a bunch of different ways to do it - see:

http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/howtos/HowToPkgsrc/#index4h2

I recommend pkg_rolling-replace in general when building from source.
Off the top of my head, this should mark firefox for rebuilding and
then rebuild it and all its dependencies.

pkg_admin set rebuild=YES firefox
pkg_rolling-replace -rsv

You can then tackle other packages for upgrades as you like or run
'pkg_rolling-replace -uv' to rebuild everything.  I'm writing from
memory, so check the man pages for these tools and get an idea for
what they do before you copy and paste anything I typed.