Raspberry Pi

Samuel J. Greear sjg at evilcode.net
Mon Mar 5 17:47:51 PST 2012

--14dae93403b910527404ba893bbc

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:30 PM, Pierre Abbat <phma at phma.optus.nu> wrote:

> How hard would it be to port DragonFly to the ARM and run it on a Raspberry
> Pi?
>
> Pierre
> --
> ve ka'a ro klaji la .romas. se jmaji

I have never ported an operating system kernel, so this is merely educated
speculation based on the amount of time I have seen other ports take. I
would say given someone who is familiar with the ARM ISA and is comfortable
with BSD kernel internals and using the FreeBSD/NetBSD arm ports as a
reference -- count on something like 1200-2000 man hours.

Again, that's just a rough guess, but it's definitely not a small or easy
project.

Sam

--14dae93403b910527404ba893bbc

an dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=3D"mailto:phma at phma.optus.nu">phma at phma.optus.nu=
:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
How hard would it be to port DragonFly to the ARM and run it on a Raspberry=
Pi?<br>
Pierre<br>
--<br>
ve ka'a ro klaji la .romas. se jmaji<br>
system kernel, so this is merely educated speculation based on the amount o=
f time I have seen other ports take. I would say given someone who is famil=
iar with the ARM ISA and is comfortable with BSD kernel internals and using=
 the FreeBSD/NetBSD arm ports as a reference -- count on something like 120=
0-2000 man hours.</div>

--14dae93403b910527404ba893bbc--