donation : money : small amount : recurring

Mayuresh Kathe mayuresh at kathe.in
Wed Jun 27 19:27:50 PDT 2012

On Thu 28/06/12 07:51, "Pierre Abbat" phma at phma.optus.nu wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 June 2012 20:40:38
> elekktretterr at exemail.com.au wrote:
> > Even considering that a non-profit registration
> is necessary?
>
> > Because majority of people, including me, consider
> donating for the
> specific reason of reducing personal
> taxes.
>
> > I'd rather pay $100 to DragonFlyBSD than to Uncle
> Sam.
> Matt, according to whois, is in California. I'm in North Carolina. Other

DragonFliers are in Germany, Greece, Spain, UK, or possibly other
> countries.
What do the laws of other countries say about donating to American
> non-profits?

well, as the one who initiated this thread, all i'd like to say is,
"it's not just for tax savings, it's more about believing in a project",
and at the same time, having some mechanism to keep donating even in the
worst of personal times. that is when the small recurring donations
scenario comes into play.

best.