crashed during bulk build

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Sat Jun 16 16:33:22 PDT 2012

The build got up to octave [4002/12503] and the computer crashed and dumped
core. I think it's because I was trying to kill a process, of which there
should be at most one because it's a cron job, of which there were eleven,
and then ran pidof to see if any new ones had popped up. I will, as I said,
try to figure out how to resume the build.

The disk fullness of that partition is 66%. The disk usage shouldn't be
anywhere near that, but it might be. There was an orphaned process called
lt-autogen, left over from one of the previously built packages, that was
hogging the CPU. Once I figured out that its working directory was inside the
build, but its parent was init, I killed it. It may have been writing a huge
file, which I'll have to find and delete before trying to copy the entire
build directory.

The next quarter starts in two weeks, so there isn't much point in me actually
finishing this build. But I will make it possible for Justin, John, or anyone
else to resume a build if the computer crashes for reasons unrelated to the
build.

Pierre
--
li fi'u vu'u fi'u fi'u du li pa